Gila Crossing Families,
The following are the school policies on Dress Code and Outside Food and Drinks:
All students in preschool through eighth grade attending GCCS are expected to dress in the proper standard school uniform. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to ensure compliance with the dress code. All students who attend GCCS must dress in accordance with the dress code.
The clothing may not be altered in a manner that includes but is not limited to slits and shredded hems. The standard school clothing shall be:
● Maroon or white collared shirts or GCCS school shirt only. All other shirts are prohibited.
● Undershirts must be black or white and must be tucked in under uniform shirt.
● Solid black, blue, maroon, white, or khaki-colored only. The following will not be allowed:
o LOGOS, INSIGNIAS, PICTURES or MESSAGES
● BLUE or BLACK JEANS, or other solid black, blue, or khaki-colored slacks, shorts, jumpers, skorts, capris and/or skirts ONLY. that are not ripped, torn, tattered or otherwise altered in any way. Shorts and skirts should be no more than 2 inches above the knee. Blue, black or white Leggings may be worn under skirts/shorts, jumpers only.
The following will not be allowed:
● Sweatpants, Spandex, Jeggings and Yoga Pants
● Baggy or oversized clothing is not allowed. Clothing may not be more than one size too large, to allow for one-year’s growth. No sagging of clothing is allowed. Belt must be worn around the waist.
● BEANIES/HEADGEAR may be worn to and from school only (outside of buildings/classrooms). No headgear can be worn inside the buildings/classrooms. The following will not be allowed:
o BASEBALL CAPS
- ALL OUTERWEAR jackets must be removed upon entering the classroom.
SHOES must cover toes for safety reasons. The following will not be allowed: Heelies, flip-flops, slippers, slides, sandals or bare feet.
● PIERCINGS--No piercings are allowed other than ear lobes.
● HAIR--Color of hair must not be distracting.
● COSMETICS will not be allowed at school and will be confiscated.
Students not dressed in accordance with the dress code will be sent to the office. Office will notify the student’s parent/guardian and inform the parent/guardian of the violation. All efforts will be made to bring the student into compliance. Students will be permitted to return to class based upon administrative discretion. Parents/Guardians will be notified of any sanctioned dress down days.
If a student brings an electronic device, the teacher/staff will be responsible for confiscating the device. The device will be turned into the school office and will not be returned to the student. The device will remain in the front office and staff will notify the parent/guardian to pick up the device at their convenience. If there are repeated offenses, administration may become involved and the student may be prohibited from bringing the device on campus.
Outside Food Policy
Our goal at GCCS is to provide the safest environment for all of our students. While students can bring outside food for consumption at supervised LUNCH, they may NOT bring food to share.